Everyone expects to have a reliable source of clean water.
The best way to ensure safe drinking water at all times is by installing an effective water filtration system in your home.
What better place to start with filtering your water is under your own sink?
This will guarantee that you’ll have clean drinking water without having to worry about putting it through another purifier first.
If you have immune issues or you just prefer clean drinking water, then having an under sink filter will be a must-have.
A water filtration system will help you get the most out of your home’s plumbing and save money on bottled water. But which type of filter should you buy?
We’ve got some tips for choosing one that fits your needs.
This first filter system has a one-size-fits-all approach to under sink purification.
This is very affordable and comes with great design features such as a 3-stage filtration system that will give you maximum cleanliness and fresh-tasting water.
This comes with 3 separate RO filters that will ensure that you have as much of your water filtered as possible before it reaches your faucet.
It also includes a pre-filter that removes any large particles from entering the main filter.
This will require little to no manual intervention on your behalf, this is the beauty of using an under sink water cleaner.
You can set up the unit yourself, but if you need assistance, there are plenty of videos online that show how to do so.
Another amazing attribute of this product is the fact that you can set it to different modes to provide different types of filtration.
For example, if you are on vacation, then you can set it to holiday mode.
Then it will drain itself automatically to make sure that it is fully functioning at all times to keep it from freezing or malfunctioning.
The 3 stages of filtration involve microns that the water travels through to remove it from all harmful impurities.
It also goes through a carbon filter that will suck all the remaining microscopic dirt out of the water.
It also comes with a very compact design that will come in extremely handy if you have a smaller kitchen and under sink area.
This comes with plenty of smart features that you can adapt to the level of filtration that you desire.
- Easy-To-Install – this is a great unit to install, which makes it appealing to anyone who will not want to pay extra fees to hire a professional to do the job for them.
- Great flow rate – this will be able to handle filtering large volumes of water while also not wasting too much energy or water in the process, saving you a bit of money on your energy bills.
- Multi-stage filtration – this will really help you to get rid one some of the more harmful elements in your water. So when your water will finally reach the tap, you can be sure of that pure and fresh taste.
- Smart technology – this comes with everything that you need for monitoring the state of your water. You won’t have to worry about it clogging or suffering from functionality problems.
- Pricey – if you are looking to save yourself some money on your filter, then you might want to look at another unit. On the other hand, you’ll have a unit that will last for years and give you amazing functionality.
Next up, we have a water filtration system that comes with a 3-stage removal system to ensure that you will get rid of micro- and macroscopic debris that will often afflict your water.
This unit comes with a pre-filter that will remove most of the larger particles from entering the main stage, making it easy to filter out most of the bad stuff.
You can adjust the settings to suit your needs. This level of control is great if you want to adapt your water to your particular living situation.
You can use this unit to filter up to 2 gallons per hour. If you are looking for a unit that will fit into small spaces, then this may be the right choice for you.
There are many pros and cons to consider before purchasing any type of water filtration system.
The best thing to do is to research each option thoroughly, as well as read customer feedback and ratings.
This particular unit utilizes Claryum filtration, which basically means you’ll be able to get rid of 99% of contaminants from your household water.
This is 15 times more efficient than any other brand out there on the market.
If you are suffering from autoimmune diseases or you have skin that is particularly sensitive to certain types of water, then having a filter system like this might certainly come in handy.
One thing people are often worried about is whether or not this device will actually add any contaminants to the water.
Well, this comes with no added salt or sodium, it only focuses on removing certain ingredients from the water.
- Tried and tested – this has been around for quite some time now, so you know that it’s going to work just fine. It has also been rigorously tested by the manufacturers to see that it meets certain industry standards.
- Easy to set up – installing this water filter is very simple. All you have to do is attach the filters to the faucet, connect the tubing and turn on the power source.
- No chemicals – this is an excellent choice for anyone who wants to avoid using chemicals in their home. This does not come with any added salt, so you can avoid any scaling.
- Comes with a faucet – unlike a lot of other water filters, this comes with its own faucet that you can rig up in place of your usual faucet, further reducing contamination.
- Expensive – this is definitely not the cheapest product on the market. However, you’re getting what you pay for here. You’re paying for quality, and this is exactly what you get.
- Not ideal for large families – this is not designed to handle large amounts of water. In fact, it’s rated to handle up to two gallons per hour. So, if you plan on drinking lots of water every day, you should probably look elsewhere.
Next up, if you are looking for a water filter for your home that is affordable, then you can’t go wrong with this next model.
This is a highly efficient model, with all the basics that you’ll need for a decent water filter. It has a great build quality and does not compromise on performance.
The main difference between this and the previous model is that it uses carbon technology instead of chlorine removal.
Carbon filters are much cheaper to produce, but they don’t remove the same amount of contaminants.
They simply absorb them instead.
This unit is capable of filtering up to 100 gallons per day, making it perfect for homes with larger families.
This comes with a 2-stage flow system that will remove up to 99% of pollutants from your water.
The first stage removes chlorine, mercury, lead, arsenic, cysts, bacteria, viruses, heavy metals, and pesticides. The second stage removes fluoride and nitrates.
This is one of the simplest units to install in your home. This is compatible with most lengths of pipeline.
It comes with everything you need to get started, including a manual, installation guide, and replacement cartridges.
You can use this as a standalone unit, or you can hook it up to your existing water supply. The only downside is that it does not come with a dedicated water faucet.
- Affordable – this is one of the more affordable models out there. If you want something that won’t break the bank, then this is the best option for you.
- Simple to use – once you’ve installed this, you’ll never have to worry about how to operate it again. Simply plug it into the wall and start enjoying clean, healthy water.
- Highly effective – this is a top performer when it comes to removing contaminants from your water. It is known to remove up to 99% of the contaminants from your water supply.
- Eco-friendly – this is made entirely from recyclable materials. It also doesn’t contain any harmful chemicals. It will also do its best to reduce the amount of wasted water and energy that it needs to filter.
- The filter will need changing more frequently – this isn’t an inexpensive unit. You’ll be spending around $100 each year just to replace the cartridge.
- Doesn’t include a water faucet – this is a standalone unit. While it does work well without a tap, it’s not meant to be used in conjunction with a tap.
Next up is a great compact filter system that you can use to clean the water in more urban areas where the water isn’t that hard.
This is great if you live in a block of apartments and you want to ensure that the water coming through rusty pipes comes out of your faucet clean.
This will keep all the good minerals that you get naturally in tap water while filtering out all the bad stuff.
This will result in clean and healthy water that will be noticeably different from the water you were drinking before.
The CuZn UC-200 works by using a triple filtration process.
First, it uses activated carbon to remove chlorine and other impurities. Then, it uses a reverse osmosis membrane to remove fluoride and other contaminants.
This is followed by another layer of activated carbon to remove any remaining trace amounts of chlorine.
It can handle up to 50,000 gallons in total. It has a capacity of 1.5 gallons per minute. It is compatible with most standard household plumbing systems.
This comes with a 5-year performance warranty, so if it starts to break or malfunction, you can swap it or have your money back.
It comes with a coconut shell as well as carbon filtration, making sure it removes even the more microscopic bacteria.
This will remove pesticides and herbicides, but it will keep the good minerals like calcium and magnesium.
It is easy to install and maintain. All you need is a wrench and some basic tools. It should take less than 30 minutes to put together.
Once you’re done, you’ll be able to enjoy clean, fresh water every day.
This also removes chlorine, fluoride, lead, heavy metals, and many other contaminants.
- Easy to install – this is one of our favorite portable filters. All you need to do is screw it onto your kitchen sink and you’re ready to go.
- Compact design – this is perfect for apartment dwellers who don’t want to waste space on their countertops.
- Affordable – this is one of those budget-friendly options. This is a very compact unit that will fit under most kitchen sinks. This makes it an essential unit for small apartments.
- Bacteriostatic – one of the most common issues for water filters is bacteria build-up. This unit will prevent any bacteria or mold from building up over time.
- Does not work with hard water – this won’t work well with high levels of hardness. If you have hard water, you may need to invest in something else.
There are a few must-have features for any under sink water filter. Firstly, you’ll need to think about how big it is and whether you can fit it under your sink.
You’ll also have to think about how much water it saves you and whether it will last you for 6 months or 6 years.
Here are a few features you should be looking for:
How Large Is The Filter?
If you’re going to be living in an apartment, then you don’t really need a large filter. However, if you’re moving into a house, you’ll definitely want a larger filter.
A bigger filter means that there will be more room for water to flow through. That way, you’ll save more water.
What Type Of Water Does It Filter?
You’ll want to know what type of water it filters.
There are two main types of water: soft and hard. Hard water contains higher amounts of minerals such as calcium and magnesium.
These minerals can cause problems when they get into your pipes. Soft water doesn’t contain these minerals and therefore isn’t as problematic.
You’ll find that most units only filter tap water. They don’t filter bottled water because they don’t have enough filtering power.
Is It Easy To Install And Maintain?
Most people will tell you that installing an under sink water filter is pretty simple. In fact, it takes just a few minutes.
What you’ll need to do is unscrew the old filter, place the new filter in its place, and tighten everything back down.
As long as you follow the instructions, you shouldn’t run into any problems.
However, if you’re not sure how to install it, we recommend contacting a professional plumber.
How Much Will It Save Me On My Utilities Bill?
The amount that you’ll save depends on where you live. Some areas charge by the gallon while others charge per month.
Most states charge based on the size of your home. For example, if you live in a 1,000 square foot house, you’ll pay $20-$25 per month.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Often Do I Have To Change My Filter?
Most manufacturers recommend changing your filter every six months. However, some say that you can go longer than that.
Can I use this filter for both drinking water and cooking?
Yes, although this will contribute to your overall water usage.
Do I need to replace my faucet?
No, although you might consider replacing it if it has been leaking for a while.
Are all under sink water filters safe?
Yes. All filters are made out of plastic and stainless steel. Therefore, they are completely safe and will be easy to clean when the time comes.
Can I put this filter in my dishwasher?
No, most of these units are designed to be kept under your sink.
When your unit does eventually give out, you’ll have to get it replaced completely. You should also change the filter every 6 months to promote longer life.
How much does an average filter cost?
This varies depending on the brand and model. You should expect to spend between $50 and $100 for a good quality one.
Our Final Say
We hope our list of some of the best under sink water filters has helped you to narrow down which one you’ll need for your home.
Remember that you’ll also need to consider the number of people in your home, how many rooms you’ll want to filter and how much water you’ll be needing to filter on a regular basis.