It goes without saying that a garage is one of the most popular construction projects as an addition to a property. Whether you need a spot for your cars, need an extra building around your place, need the extra storage, or any other reason, a garage is a great option.
But if you’re thinking about building or purchasing a garage, there are a few essential questions that you might need to be answered.
For instance, what are garages made from? How will this affect the price of your garage? What can you use them for?
This is where Green Building Elements comes in.
In this guide, you’ll find out everything you need to know about how much it costs to build a garage, including what affects these prices and more. We’ll start by outlining the different types and usages of a garage. Then, we will outline the pros and cons of building a garage with different materials. We will then focus on steel as a building material for a garage, including how to calculate price. We will wrap it up by giving you the top steel garage providers.
What’s in this guide?
How much does a steel garage cost?
So, how much do garages cost? The following chart is a list of average costs that you can expect:
|One Stall Garage|
|Two Stall Garage|
|Three Stall Garage|
What affects garage costs?
There are many different factors which affect the cost of your garage, which include things like the sizes of your garage and the materials used.
Here are some of the factors that you can expect to alter your costs:
- Size of your garage
- The materials you use
- Whether it is detached or not
- If there is living space above
- If it is prefab or not
- Should you need professionals
- In the case that you have a bespoke garage
- Your location
What will you need to buy or pay to build a garage?
- Building kit including materials
- Concrete piers or pads
- Erection of your garage
- Garage doors including any interior doors
- The above is a general process for what you can expect to buy in the construction of a new garage. Of course, the process heavily depends on the style of garage you are constructing, and the type of labour required.
- The most important point here is to lay out an accurate plan. You need to have a plan which lays out each stage in the process, and accounts for the costs individually. Above are the general steps involved, but they will shift based on what you are trying to build, and the extent to which you are using prefab vs. individual designs.
Does having a garage increase your property value?
Luckily, one of the many benefits to getting a garage built on your property is that not only will you likely gain back your expenses when you sell your house, but it might even exceed that.
This means it could increase your property value by $20,000 or more.
What is a metal garage?
A garage is a separate or attached building that typically sits next to your home. A garage is typically thought of as a place to house your cars. However, many will use it for general storage. It also can be used for a specific purpose, such as for a workshop, or as a home-gym. The usage of your garage will of course depend on your needs, but will also depend on the amount of space you have.
Sometimes a garage might be made out of wood, but it could also be made out of metal such as steel or aluminium.
The size of your garage, as well as the materials used and their functionality, could affect the pricing of your garage. Price should be considered in the context of your entire garage plan – which includes materials, labour, coo