Solar panels are becoming more and more popular nowadays as the need for renewable energy gets more crucial. Lots of people may want to invest in solar panels for their home, however, the look can put some off because of their large, block-like structure.
However, there are plenty of different kinds of solar panels now with different designs and versatility that allow them to fit in almost anywhere.
|LG Solar Panel – 425 Watt||
||View Today’s Price|
|Jackery Solar Generator 1000||
||View Today’s Price|
|MT Solar Top-of-Pole Mount||
||View Today’s Price|
|ZYTNB Flexible Solar Panel||
||View Today’s Price|
|Renogy Flexible Monocrystalline Solar Panel||
||View Today’s Price|
We’ve created a list of different brands with different designs so that you can find suitable solar panels that help to keep your energy footprint smaller and your property looking great.
Where Do I Put My Solar Panels?
Before we get into the list, you need to consider where you’re going to install your new energy converters. The solar panel needs to be somewhere that gets a lot of exposure to the sun, so the roof is the standard place to keep solar panels.
For those who dislike the standard solar panel design, it can help to install your new panels in a more discreet location that won’t be too harsh on the eye.
Depending on your property’s position and orientation, you can place your solar panels on the roof facing away from the street, keeping your new features subtle.
Experts have recommended that solar panels tend to work most efficiently when facing south, so if you’re house faces north then you can place your panels on the back of your roof.
However, if you’re house faces north or any other direction then it’s best to prioritize the production levels from your solar devices.
Photovoltaic Cells – Rooftop Solar Panels
The standard way that people will typically use solar panels is to install them on their rooftops. This way you can get the most out of the devices you’ll use to convert the sun’s rays into power for your needs. As mentioned previously, you can position them to fit in with your vision.
Best Looking Solar Panels
Eco Direct offers a NeOn R R prime solar panel in a slick black form that adds a bit of class to the energy converter that will be inhabiting your roof. A lot of people will be put off by the look of a clunky solar panel, but this modern design is made with the user’s home in mind.
The roof aesthetics have been made without electrodes on the front of the panel so that you’re provided with an improved, subtle design. Sometimes less is better!
- This product includes a 25-year limited product warranty that gives you comfort considering the quality of your solar panels.
- $450 will also be provided by the company if the module needs repairing or replacing.
- The LG NeOn has been designed to enhance its output, balancing efficiency and style.
- The physical characteristics of a solar panel can impact the product’s performance.
Ground-Mounted Solar Panels
Depending on what you’re using your solar panels for, you’ll need a certain level of Wattage, which will, in turn, affect the price of your new energy converters.
Ground-mounted solar panels have proved to be very effective when it comes to turning solar energy into electricity and are used by many people in agriculture.
Designed for outdoor camping and external use, this set of solar panels is made to mount on the floor and keep your energy levels to a suitable level. These will work for several different things that you need to be powered.
If you’re a fan of camping in an RV or have a Land Rover that needs power whilst you’re in your tent, then these moveable panels can be a great asset for your journeys.
Powering anything from compressed fridges to camping lights, these devices can keep you comfortable in the light with a beer in hand, for the extra time you need. Happy days!
- Portable enough that you can change its positioning and locations.
- Unlike a gas generator, solar panels are quiet, clean, and easy to use.
- A 2-year warranty is always handy to see if a product suits your needs.
- May need bigger versions or multiple panels to power bigger vehicles and camps.
When it comes to areas such as farming, top-of-pole grounded mounts can be a great help. Because a lot of agriculture involves growing assets from the ground, you don’t want solar panels taking up too much of your land space.
This has created the demand for pole mounts to give people the same amount of energy levels as any other solar panel type without panels taking up potential areas for crops.
This also means that the solar panels don’t have to be on the roof of a barn or any other building if you’d like to keep the rustic appearance of your property intact.
Because of this, you can change locations for wherever the panels are needed most, rather than keeping them fixed to one position. Talk about giving a modern spin on classic agriculture.
- Doesn’t take up extra room that can be used for crops and other essentials.
- Poles are available in different heights to suit different terrains and locations.
- They’re also available in different sizes to help support different sizes/amounts of solar panels.
- If you needed to install bigger/more panels then it’s likely you’ll have to buy more poles because each pole has a certain capacity that it can hold.
Flexible Solar Panels
When installing solar panels, it can help to adjust your appliance to fit different environments and locations. Flexible solar panels allow you to fit your new energy converter to different buildings and different surfaces, to fit your property’s aesthetics.
If you want to fit your panel to the back of your roof, but it’s an awkward surface, these flexible features can help you have more options when deciding on your panel’s location.
Perfect for RVs and other vehicles, this flexible solar panel can fit around vehicles of all shapes and sizes. Providing lasting off-grid power, this super-thin lightweight panel is just 0.1 centimeters thick, making it one of the lightest solar panels around.
The thinner the panel, the easier it is to fit around certain surfaces, making it as versatile as they come. With waterproof connectors, this panel is designed to withstand the elements to put your mind at ease.
Making the most of USB ports and wiring, this solar panel can be used for TVs, computers, refrigerators, and just about anything else that has a USB port.
- Lightweight and easy to apply to different surfaces because of its flexibility.
- USB ports make the solar panel applicable to lots of different appliances and devices.
- Waterproof features allow the solar panel to withstand different weather patterns.
- The thinness and flexibility of the product may be at the expense of some efficiency.
Coming in at 0.8 inches thick, this solar power converter is the thinnest on the list, making it versatile and applicable to many surfaces. Suitable for many different appliances, you can use this solar panel to boost your power to many things from TVs to electric blankets.
With a flex range of up to 248 degrees, this panel allows you to maximize the flexibility of the product and make the most of the design. Made with polymer materials, this solar panel weighs 70% less than other conventional panels, which makes installation and transportation a lot easier.
The panel has also been rigorously tested by Renogy, designed to withstand extreme wind of up to 2400Pa and snow loads of up to 5400Pa.
- Lightweight and thin, this panel is amongst the easier types of panels to install and take around with you on journeys.
- Designed to withstand different types of weather, this panel can survive different environments.
- The design looks modern and clean, fitting in well with its surroundings.
- Wires included may be a bit too short for some of those needing to power at longer distances.
What Color Solar Panels Are Best?
The blue color is mainly due to an anti-reflective coating that exists to improve the absorbing capacity of the solar panels. Black solar panels are often more efficient, however, as they naturally absorb more light.
How Do You Hide Solar Panels From View?
To hide solar panels on your roof from view, you can choose to go with black solar panels or aluminum coverings that blend in with your roof’s color. Alternatively, you can choose in-roof solar panels, solar roof skins, or invisible photovoltaic roof tiles.
What Are Black Solar Panels?
When someone is referring to ‘black solar panels, they are usually talking about monocrystalline panels that appear black to the human eye. Made from high-quality silicone crystal with a higher level of purity compared to its blue polycrystalline solar panel counterparts.
Do People Like How Solar Panels Look?
It’s no secret that most people prefer a sleek design that doesn’t stand out too much. The mono-crystalline thin panels are the best option if this is what you want. However, sometimes panels will sacrifice some efficiency at the expense of a slimmer design.