What's In This Article
Mops are essential tools for cleaning floors. They remove dirt and grime from surfaces such as wood, ceramic, linoleum, vinyl, marble, granite, terrazzo, concrete, and even tile.
There are several types of mops, including wet mops, dry mops, steam mops, and vacuum mops.
In fact, there are so many kinds of mops, it can be tricky figuring out which is best for any one style of flooring. Take tile, for instance.
Which mops are good for cleaning this attractive and practical floor type? Well, that’s exactly what we’re discussing here today!
In this article, we’re going to be reviewing 5 of the very best mops you can buy for cleaning tile floors.
We’ve even included a handy buyer’s guide just to be extra sure we find you the mop of your dreams!
Best Electric Mop- And Best Overall — Mark Live Electric Cordless Spin Mop With LED Headlight
- Detachable Battery w/Lage Capacity
- Easy to Clean
- Large Water Tank & 1 Button Sprayer
If you are looking for the best of the best, this is the one we think you should invest in!
It works similarly to a steam mop, using heat and pressure to clean, but it is effortless to push, doing most of the work for you!
It is another multifunctional piece, with circular cleaning pads that scrub as you go, getting rid of any dust and built-up grime.
This is a great design for those who want a hardcore clean and not just a light disinfecting.
- LED light
- Cordless design
- Detachable battery for easy use and charging
- Water sprayer
- Waxing function for buffing up wooden flooring
- Easy to operate with one hand
- Great for those who struggle with back pain after cleaning the home
- Requires a larger upfront investment than other mops
Best String Mop — Leifheit Clean Twist Disc Mop
Forget what you know about dirty and unappealing spring mops, there’s a new sheriff in town. Cleaning is an absolute breeze with this Leifheit Clean Twist Disc Mop.
To use, dip your mop into the bucket filled with water and your regular cleaning solution.
After that, put the wet mop head in the twist holder. Press the mop handle down and release the lever on the handle.
The mop head rotates and water and dirt are ejected into the 20-liter bucket.
The more pressure on the handle, the less water the mop head holds, making it suitable for use on all floors including sensitive types.
The mop heads’ fine microfibres hold dirt effectively within them, meaning fewer rinsing cycles are needed – saving time.
Convenience is improved by the rolling trolley cart which saves having to carry the bucket when cleaning large areas.
- 20-liter bucket with rolling trolley wheels
- Machine washable string head
- Easy to release handle
- Spinning mop head for maximum dirt lifting
- Ultra wringing for a dry mop if needed
- Fine Microfibers for picking up grime easily
- Suitable for wood and tiled floors
- Use with any cleaning solution
- Bucket is a pretty inconvenient size for small areas
- Mop heads can get quite expensive
Best Flat Mop — Mr Clean Magic Eraser Roller Mop
The Mr Clean Magic Eraser roller mop effectively cleans most hard surfaces, floors, skirting board edges, and even deck areas on boats.
This mop system is great to be used both in household and workplace cleaning. This simple but effective 3 part product includes a frame, handle, and a Magic Eraser Mop.
Replacement sponges make this an ideal long-lasting pack.
The Magic Eraser has all the benefits of the handheld Magic Eraser but as a floor pad, and during our testing, it completely wowed us!
- Magic eraser is perfect for getting rid of stubborn stains
- Suited to getting rid of odd stains like pencil and paint marks
- Reusable pads
- Easy to purchase multiple pads
- Excellent for wooden flooring and smooth tiles
- Dry mop
- Not great for hardcore grime
- Not great for industrial or work sites
- Detaches into a separate handheld steam cleaner for multi-purpose cleaning
- On-demand HI, MED and LOW steam settings fit for various floors surface
- Utilizes 212°F hot steam to remove stains and sticky mess while drying quickly
- Ideal for Child/Pets/Yoga Lovers
- One-year warranty
If you’re thinking of investing in a steam mop, you might as well choose one that can do everything!
With a detachable handle and multipurpose design, you can use this Light ‘N’ Easy Steam Mop to steam your clothes, like an iron, for steaming fabric and your sofa, and of course for cleaning your floors!
The great thing about this steam mop is it only uses heat to clean, so no harsh chemicals or fragrances are needed, perfect if you have small children, sensitive skin, or elderly pets!
It’s great for disinfecting and providing a quick and easy clean, even over large areas, though bear in mind you’ll have to do a prepping clean if you have lots of grime and dirt that you want to lift off.
For that, we would recommend a quick wet pass with a string mop.
- Easy to use size
- Can be used on all fabrics and wooden surfaces
- High heat temperature for disinfecting
- Perfect for a yoga studio or large space
- Easy to control
- Lightweight build
- Long term warranty
Best Spray Mop — Tsmine Spray Microfiber Floor Mop
With reusable, washable microfiber pads, this one is tough enough to tackle stains but gentle enough for porous tiles and wooden flooring.
The spray function is easy to use and you can use any cleaning solution you prefer in the tank, great for those with sensitivities to harsh chemicals!
This mop is super lightweight, easy to maneuver over your flooring, and can pick up dirt and grime for a whole house worth of tiling.
The deluxe upgraded version of the TSMINE wet mop is made of high-quality aluminum, is sturdy enough for long-term usage, comes with an easy-to-grasp handle and trigger, and has a sizable pole length.
With a spray mop, there’s no need for a bucket; all you have to do is press the spray button to dispense the water, then start mopping!
- Aluminum handle
- Lightweight construction
- Durable and long-lasting
- Replaceable pads
- Easy to use spray mechanism
- Perfect for all floor types, especially sensitive tiling and wood
- Can use any type of cleaning liquid
- Easy to hold the handle
- Mop heads need to be changed regularly
- Not as long-lasting as some of the other choices
Buyer’s Guide: Choosing The Right Mop
If you are looking for a mop that will last for years, then you should consider buying a professional-grade mop. Professional grade mops come with at least a few years, and sometimes a lifetime, guarantee.
They also include extra accessories such as cleaning pads, brushes, and squeegees.
If you prefer a cheaper option, then you can choose a standard grade mop. Standard grade mops usually cost less than $20.
However, they are not designed to last long. You need to replace them every few months.
There are a few different mops that are considered brilliant for tile floors, so your first move is to pick one that suits your needs best.
This is what you’d think of when you traditionally think of a mop. These are the go-to solution for most households for both commercial and household cleaning tasks.
With the bulk of the mop head being made out of looped string, these absorbent cotton strands are suited to tackling stains over a big area.
Due to this stringy nature, you can also easily maneuver them into odd spots such as behind kitchen cabinets and under sofas by squashing them flat and tackling hard-to-reach corners.
This is the main advantage of a string mop that other varieties cannot offer.
However, as many of us will probably attest, a lot of these string mops are not built to last and can leave your house with long, unconnected, dirty strings of cotton as it breaks apart.
This is the kind of mop where spending a bit extra does make a huge difference in terms of quality and longevity, and they are impeccable on tile floors!
Flat mops have an elongated head with a cleaning pad attached to one end.
The mop pad can be disposable, reusable, or machine washable (depending on which type you choose).
Flat mops are a popular choice for everyday household cleaning.
The drawback of this kind of mop is that, although they’re fantastic for cleaning tiles, you can’t maneuver them into small corners, so bear this in mind.
Steam mops are a type of electric mop that use a refillable water tank for cleaning floors.
When the mop head is turned on, its hot water heats up and turns into steam, which spreads through it and onto the floor.
Steam is effective at disinfecting hard-to-clean surfaces.
Steam mops are a good choice for sealed ceramic and porcelain tiles, which account for the vast majority of tile installations in residential homes.
With spray mops, you don’t have to carry a mop bucket around as you clean, perfect if you find you knock it over every once in a while, or have small children!
These spray mop handles come with a bottle of cleaning solution that is usually attached to them.
With the push of a button, the solution sprays onto the floor for easy clean-up.
This type of mop is perfect for a quick spot clean, and great for pet spills, kids, and pulling out quickly and effortlessly without the faff of a bucket and loads of water.
Some are better than others, and it’s worth spending money on one with a good spray function for a long-lasting device.
Electric mops are ideal for people who live alone or have young children at home because they’re easier to keep clean than traditional mops.
They also make it much easier to get into corners and under furniture.
They work by using suction power to pull dirt from the surface of the floor.
They’re particularly useful if you have pets or other animals in the house, as their cleaning power is second to none, making your life a whole lot easier.
Electric mops are also super useful for those who need to exert less energy on the task, and as many are relatively self-driven, you can let the mop push itself forward, only needing you to stand there and hold it, rather than having to put a tiring strain on yourself when doing a large area thoroughly!
What Counts As A Good Quality Mop?
A good quality floor cleaner should be able to clean both tiles and other surfaces. If you have wooden floors, you would choose a mop that has soft fibers.
On the other hand, if you have tile or stone floors, you would choose something with slightly stiffer fibers.
If you’re going to use your floor cleaner often, it’s important to buy one that will last. A good quality mop should last longer than others.
You may think buying one premium bit of equipment for your flooring is expensive.
But, over time, you’ll end up saving money because you won’t have to buy so many cheaply made replaceable mops over and over again for months to come.
You can find a wide variety of floor cleaners at different prices. Some are very cheap while others are quite expensive.
So, before choosing a particular brand, make sure that you know what features they offer.
The most common feature found in all floor cleaners is, of course, their ability to get rid of stains.
However, some models have additional features like being able to lift heavy loads, absorb liquids, and even protect against moisture damage.
Some models have special attachments that allow you to easily clean hard-to-reach areas such as under furniture and behind appliances.
Others have rubberized grips that help you move the mop around without having to grip tightly onto it.
When shopping for floor cleaners, keep these things in mind:
- Choose a model that suits your needs.
- Buy the best quality floor cleaner that you can afford.
- Look for a warranty if it’s an expensive product.
- Make sure that the product is easy to maintain.
- Consider the size of your home – there’s probably no need to splash out if you only need it for a tiny area.
- Know how much you plan to use your floor cleaner.
- Determine whether you want to buy an electric or manual floor cleaner.
- Read reviews about the products you’re interested in.
- Check out the price of the mop you want.
- Compare the price of various brands.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do You Use A Mop?
To use a mop effectively, follow these steps:
Step 1: Place the mop head into the solution.
Step 2: Start mopping the floor in an even motion.
Step 3: Rinse the mop head after each pass.
Step 4: Dry the mop head before storing it.
Step 5: Store the mop in a clean spot.
Step 6: Replace the mop head when it becomes too worn out.
What Is The Difference Between A Mop And A Brush?
Mops and brushes are different because one is made up of bristles while the other is made up of sponge material.
Brushes are good at removing dust, whereas mops are better at removing grime. If you want to get rid of tough stains, then you may need to use both.
Mops are better at removing grease and oil. They work great if you are trying to clean your kitchen or bathroom.
What’s The Best Mop For Kitchen Floors?
Kitchen flooring is very important. This is why you must ensure that the floor is properly cleaned and maintained.
There are many ways to maintain the kitchen floor. One way is to use a mop. But what kind of mop is best for kitchen floors? Here we go!
- Rubber Mop – Rubber mops are ideal for cleaning kitchen floors. These mops are easy to handle and do not require much maintenance. They are also affordable.
- Sponge Mop – Sponge mops are also known as microfiber mops. Microfiber is soft and absorbent. Therefore, this makes it easy to remove dirt from the floor. Most people use these mops to clean their bathrooms.
- Foam Mop – Foam mops are also called foam pads. They are ideal for cleaning tile floors. They are expensive but effective.
- Electric Mop – Electric mops are high-end products that use electrical facilities to boost their cleaning power. There are a few different kinds, tied together by their common use of electricity.
- Handheld Mop – Handheld mops are useful for cleaning small areas like kitchens.
- Hard Floor Mop – Hard floor mops are ideal for large areas like living rooms and dining rooms. They are also used for commercial purposes.
- Carpet Mop – Carpet mops are ideal for carpeted areas. They are also inexpensive.
- Steam Cleaner – Steam cleaners are ideal for cleaning carpets. These mops fall under the umbrella of electrical mops, and they are highly effective.
- Vacuum Mop – Vacuum mops are ideal for vacuuming.
- Wood Floor Mop – Wood floor mops are ideal if you have wooden floors. They are also very durable.
How Do You Clean The Grout On Tiled Floors?
Even the most amazing mops for tiled flooring may not be enough to get the grouting between the tiles looking fresh. To spruce up these connective bits of flooring, you’ll need to mix…
- ½ cup of baking soda’
- ¼ cup of hydrogen peroxide
- 1 teaspoon of dish soap
Once your concoction is complete, use a tablespoon or measuring jug to pour it onto the grout of your floor. Leave it to sit for 5 to 10 minutes, then get a fairly coarse brush and scrub like crazy.
You’ll need to scrub hard enough to agitate all of the cleaning solution and work out any really stubborn and ingrained dirt molecules.
Once you’re tired of scrubbing, mop as normal to clear away the cleaning solution, and leave your floor to air dry.
If you are looking for a mop that sprays, buffs, cleans, polishes, and disinfects all in one? An electric mop is your best bet.
Yes, it is definitely an investment piece but will save your back, make cleaning a breeze, and have your tiles sparkling in minutes.
Otherwise, a regular spray mop is a good choice for those who don’t want to break the bank.
Whilst having a bucket can be useful, it is best for industrial and super filthy flooring rather than regular household use, and with so many more user-friendly options available, we think it’s time the old school mops kicked the bucket!