So if you like to disappear from the world for a while to get away from the business of modern life, then we would certainly recommend that you get a generator that will help you when you are out in the middle of nowhere.
These solar generators are powered by nothing but the sun.
If you are going to tread into climes unknown, then having a charger that will run on solar power will make you completely self-sufficient.
You should always be ready for anything that nature can throw at you and these generators will be able to weather some of the worst storms.
These generators are very powerful and durable, coming with plenty of features that you can be sure will help you through some of the worst weather.
These are very portable units that can be easily carried from one side of the country to the other.
So where can you find some of the best solar-powered generators for off-grid travel? What are the best materials for solar generators?
What features does a generator need to have to keep you on the straight and narrow when there’s a power failure? How much will you have to pay for a decent solar generator?
Well, if you are looking for the answer to all of these questions, then we would suggest that you keep reading. We have compiled a list of some of the best solar-powered generators that you can currently find on the market.
We also have a buyer’s guide that will help you to determine what design features you’ll be looking for for your needs.
|EF Ecoflow Portable Power Station Delta
|View Today’s Price
|Bluetti Portable Power Station AC200P 2000W Solar Generator
|View Today’s Price
|Goalzero Yeti 3000X Portable Power Station
|View Today’s Price
|Jackery Solar Generator 1000
|View Today’s Price
|Goal Zero Yeti 150 Portable Power Station
|View Today’s Price
|EF Ecoflow River 288Wh Portable Power Station
|View Today’s Price
Best Solar Generator For Off-Grid Living
This first solar-powered panel and generator are probably one of the best for easy installation, taking only a few seconds to be able to set up and use.
You can be sure that this will give you the maximum level of solar-powered energy, you can angle this one to face whatever position that you want – introducing the EF Ecoflow Portable Power Station Delta.
This is made with a lithium battery, making it one of the quickest and most durable batteries to charge on this list.
You can charge this generator using an AC battery, a solar panel or a car charger. It is simply one of the most efficient generators that you can get on the market, juicing up in next to no time at all.
- This comes with a handle that you can use to transport your solar generator from one place to another. We would recommend this one for its lightweight properties.
- This generator can be charged up to 80% within the space of an hour, which is amazing if you are in a hurry.
- This stuff is compatible and very versatile, you can literally hook it up to any battery or electrical appliance and it will charge it in no time at all.
- If you have an unexpected power shortage in your RV, then this is the perfect alternative that you can store along with all the gear in your bag.
- The price – you might be looking to fork out a pretty penny on this solar generator, so make sure you are committed to camping before buying.
Dimensions: 16.5x11x15.2 inches
Weight: 60.6 Pounds
Wattage: 2000 watts
This next solar generator is a lot more of a hefty unit than what you might find with any other solar-powered unit.
You can charge a whole host of devices with this generator, so if you are worried about charging up your hairdryer, your fridge or even your car battery, then this generator really has your back – introducing the Bluetti Portable Power Station AC200P 2000W Solar Generator.
This is one of the most well-constructed solar generators that you can get on this list, made from solid steel construction and a bracket in the back that you can use to stand it up.
You can be sure that this solar charger will be fully charged in the space of 3.5 hours, which is amazing if you want to get all of your appliances charging at once.
- This can convert energy very quickly, so you won’t have to worry about charging your appliances quickly and efficiently.
- You can power upwards of 17 devices at the same time, which is perfect if you have a large family all wanting to charge their tablets, laptops and hairdryers at once.
- This comes with plenty of voltage protections such as safety, overcharging and voltage surging protection.
- This comes with a temperature-activated fan, which will keep your generator cool for the duration of your journey and charging.
- This is a large unit, which makes it not very portable. If you are going to be lugging your items across the country, you might want to keep your gear light.
This next generator comes with a high conversion rate, which is very important if you want to charge up your appliances quickly and efficiently. This is very durable, coming with wheels that you can use to transport your generator from one place to another.
This comes with plenty of ports to charge numerous appliances at once – introducing the Goalzero Yeti 3000X Portable Power Station.
This is one of the most portable units on this list, with two wheels on the underside that will give you the ability to lug your generator around the campsite with little to no hassle at all.
This can generate a hefty 3000 watts of power, which is perfect for charging up to 10 different appliances at the same time.
- This is one of the most durable solar generators that you can find on this list. Not only does it come with a durable construction, but it will help you resist all weather.
- This is compatible with a lot of appliances, so you can be sure that you’ll have everything you need as an alternative energy source for your RV.
- This is a great lightweight solar panel that you can take out with you on the road. If you are fishing, camping or going on a long hike, this solar panel will not let you down.
- This will really help you save money on power and will lower your carbon footprint by quite some degree.
- This is another very pricey unit, if you do not camp on a regular basis, then you might not consider this one worth the expense.
Next up, we have a dynamic generator that actually comes with two solar panels. If you wnat to be completely self-sustaining when you are out on the road, then you can’t go wrong with this unit.
The generator itself is very small and can be carried from one place to another with very little issue – introducing the Jackery Solar Generator 1000.
This is an incredibly clean generator that requires very little maintenance. It also comes with some very versatile ports that you can use to charge many different appliances at any one time.
We all know how difficult it is to keep the whole family quiet, so make sure they have access to this generator to charge their phones, tablets and game devices.
- This comes with a rugged and durable design, built to withstand even the hardest knocks and bangs.
- This is a very powerful battery cell, giving you everything that you need for a solid charge very quickly.
- This comes with a USB connection, which is perfect if you want to quickly plug your phone or your laptop in to charge for even the shortest amount of time.
- Coming with two solar panels, you can be sure that you will have plenty of coverage that will absorb plenty of sunlight.
- This might be a little too small for larger charging operations such as the stove and the shower in your RV or cabin.
Next up, we have a portable charger that you can be sure will have everything you need to charge a whole range of items. This has multiple little inputs that you can be sure will fit every different type of appliance.
If you need to charge your phone or your laptop with the power of the sun, then this is a great generator for you – introducing the Goal Zero Yeti 150 Portable Power Station.
This generator has been tested in a wide variety of locations, from the desert to the icy tundra of the arctic. You can be sure that it will stand the test of time and keep you sustained and charged for the long haul.
This is one of the most durable chargers that you can get on the market, coming with plenty of safety features to ensure that you won’t get hurt.
- This is one of the most durable and dependable generators that you can find on the market, so don’t worry about it losing power or shorting out on you.
- This is small and comes with a nice rubber carry handle, so you can transport it easily from one place to another.
- This comes with a 150-watt lead-acid battery that will really power your devices quicker than any other on the market.
- This is a very safe generator, coming with plenty of built-in features that will almost guarantee you plenty of power. It is even safe to use around children!
- This might be a little too lightweight, especially if you want to power the majority of the electrical appliances in your house.
Finally, we have a device that will charge most appliances within the space of an hour. This has a super-fast recharge time that you can be sure will give you everything that you need for a very solid charge for most of your appliances – introducing the EF Ecoflow River 288Wh Portable Power Station.
This is compatible with most household appliances that you can get in your home, whether it is the kitchen kettle, the stove, or the hot shower.
You’d be surprised how many items this compact little generator can power. You can be sure that you’ll have everything that you need for a full charge at the end of the day.
- If you have a MacBook Air that needs charging or you just want to heat up the electric kettle for the day, then this will be the right generator for you.
- You can hook this one up easily to some solar panels, giving you plenty of charges when you are out in the park on a sunny day.
- You can hook this one up to your phone, so you can monitor the output of your solar generator, controlling the level of output and the power sent to your devices.
- This is one of the fastest chargers on this list, so if you need something juiced up in under an hour, then this will be the generator that you’ll want.
- This might be a little too insubstantial for your needs, especially if you are going to want to charge multiple devices at the same time.
Having a solar generator can be invaluable when you are camping or simply having a day at the beach. They provide you with a clean source of energy and there will be no harmful pollutants. Here are some of the things you should be looking for from your next solar generator:
How Much Energy Does It Convert?
This is one of the most important things that you’ll be looking for when you are buying a solar generator is how much energy it will provide for your items. If you are looking to charge multiple items in multiple ports, then you’ll want a generator that can provide you with an ample amount of wattage.
How Quiet Is It?
You’ll need to make sure that your generator has a quiet operation, especially if you are using it in your small apartment and want to keep the noise to a minimum. This will also come in handy when you are vacationing and you might have to sleep in the same room as your generator.
How Much Does It Cost To Maintain?
If you have just bought a solar-powered generator then you won’t be wanting to spend any additional costs on getting it repaired after just a few months. This is why you’ll want a generator that can stand the test of time. Luckily, a lot of the generators that we’ve listed above come with plenty of features that maintain safety and power.
How Heavy Is The Unit?
Having a heavy unit might be very off-putting, especially if you want to have it as a supplementary power device to your main power.
Do You Have A Charge Controller?
This will help you to determine the level of power that your battery produces as well as the amount of input that you are getting from the natural light. We would recommend that you get this controller installed on your phone for ease of access.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Good Are Solar Generators For Camping?
If you are going out camping, then having a solar generator can become an indispensable tool that you have to charge your phone or your laptop wherever you are. You can also use a portable generator to cook food, hooking it up to the socket and cooking the food on an electric stove or frying pan.
How Long Can You Expect Your Solar Generator To Last?
It is important that you have a solar generator that will last you for many years. On average, if you take care of your generator properly, then you can expect them to last anywhere between 25 and 35 years. These are some of the most durable appliances that you can get on the market.
Can You Run Large Appliances Of A Solar Generator?
If you have a generator that is around 100 watts, then you can hook it up to a fridge. However, it will only run it for a short time, so you’ll need to make sure that there is enough juice in it for that to happen. If you wanted to run a combined fridge and freezer unit, you’d probably need something in the area of 2000 watts.
Our Final Say
We hope that our list of some of the best solar generators has helped you to decide which model would be the best for your needs.