Tennant Company Introduces Plant-Based, Sustainable Urethane Coatings for Floors
Tennant Company today announces its Eco-ITS bio-based urethane coatings to provide sustainable floor solutions made with 50 percent fewer petroleum-based chemicals. Using a 95 percent plant-based BiOH polyol, supplied under an exclusive agreement with Cargill,
Tennant’s Eco-ITS protects floors and offers a sustainable coating application that improves productivity and minimizes shutdowns. The coating is available in gloss, satin and several color choices to create professional-looking appearances in manufacturing, industrial, warehousing and other facilities.
Tennant’s Eco-ITS offers:
- Durability – Offers similar protection and performance as Tennant’s WearGuard technology, which has millions of square feet of coatings applied worldwide
- Sustainability – In clear formation, an environmentally friendly solution using up to 50% plant-based renewable technology
- Low VOCs – Can be used even in geographies that require low VOCs—21 g/L VOCs (clear), 23-46 g/L VOCs (color)
- LEED Credit Availability – Potential LEED Green Building Certification Program credits for Indoor Environmental Quality and Materials and Resources
- Professional Appearance – Available in gloss, satin and several colors to complement your image and transform your floor
“We’re committed to creating products that not only help our customers create cleaner facilities, but also help meet their sustainability goals,” says Mickey Gubman, Director of Coating Technologies for Tennant Company. “Our coatings offer superior durability while utilizing renewable resources.”
Tennant has manufacturing operations in Minneapolis, Minn.; Holland, Mich.; Louisville, Ky.; Uden, The Netherlands; the United Kingdom; São Paulo, Brazil; and Shanghai, China; and sells products directly in 15 countries and through distributors in more than 80 countries.
Source: Business Wire