Greenbuild 2010 Expo attendees can compete against each other to win an iPad in BASF’s Building Science Smackdown contest. Quiz shows will be held at the top and bottom of each hour at BASF’s booth #201. The questions will cover building envelope, energy factoids, building science acronyms, LEED, sustainability facts, durability, and other like subjects. The highest scoring contestant each day will receive a 16 GB Wi-Fi iPad. But it won’t be easy, as they have rounded up some experts to do the quizzing.
- Steve Easley, Principle S. C. Easley & Associates, is an internationally recognized construction consultant specializing in solving building science related problems and educating building industry professionals and their trade partners.
- Steven Winter, FAIA, is the founder of Steven Winter Associates, Inc., a leading research/design firm specializing in energy efficient and sustainable housing. Winter is the past Chairman of the U.S. Green Building Council and of the LEED for Homes Committee.
- Deane Evans, FAIA currently directs the Center for Building Knowledge (CBK) at the New Jersey Institute of Technology, a multi-disciplinary research and technical assistance center focused on improving the performance of buildings and communities.
- Peter Yost brings more than 25 years experience in building, researching, teaching, writing, and consulting on high-performance homes to his twin roles as director of residential services for BuildingGreen, and technical director for GreenBuildingAdvisor.com.
- Fernando Pagés speaks around the world on how to build high-quality, affordable and energy-efficient homes.
- Charlie Popeck is a recognized authority and leader in the field of sustainability and green building. He is sought after as an expert in LEED.
- Sara Gutterman, Chief Executive Officer & Group Publisher of Green Builder Media, consults with corporations and communities to develop them into enterprises that are both sustainable and profitable.
- Ron Jones, Founder and Editorial Director of Green Builder Media, is considered to be one of the fathers of the green building movement. Ron has been instrumental in setting guidelines and standards with the two largest organizations in the building industry, the National Association of Home Builders and the U.S. Green Building Council.
- Michelle Clark Hucal, senior editor of ED+C magazine and Sustainable Facilities was the first magazine editor to earn a LEED AP distinction via exam.
So, everyone brush up on your green building knowledge, and let the games begin!
Photo courtesy of Yutaka Tsutano through a Creative Commons License.