Published on March 7th, 2013 | by Glenn Meyers0
Climate Change Compendium from NASA
March 7th, 2013 by Glenn Meyers
The following websites addressing global climate change come from the National Aeronautics and Space Administration. I was happy to discover such a wealth of information. This compendium that should be shared far and wide, in schools, churches, neighborhood associations, and more.
“The following selected resources provide a cross-section of information about global climate change and is not intended to be comprehensive. The appearance of a resource here does not constitute endorsement by NASA, nor can NASA attest to the accuracy of content provided at these links.”
Climate Change Overviews
- U.S. EPA Homepage Comprehensive site on all aspects of climate change from the U.S. Department of Environmental Protection. Information about news, science, and policy.
- NOAA Research Summaries of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s research into several different aspects of global climate change.
- Understanding Climate Change A global warming primer from NCAR and UCAR.
- World Resources Institute Climate Analysis Indicators Tool Comprehensive compilation of charts, facts and figures about global climate change.
- NASA’s Earth Observatory News NASA’s earth science news site -– information and updates from NASA’s Earth science initiatives.
- EPA News The latest climate news from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
- JPL Earth News Earth science news from the Jet Propulsion Laboratory, a NASA site that operates numerous Earth-monitoring space missions.
Science and Research
› Data Archives and Directories
- Global Change Master Directory NASA’s comprehensive directory of information about Earth science data.
- Climate Diagnostics Directory Website from the Committee on Earth Observation Satellites that provides visualizations of climate trends and variability.
- NASA’s Physical Oceanography Distributed Active Archive Center Provides access to complete oceanography data sets obtained from Earth observing satellites.
- Goddard Earth Sciences Data and Information Services Center Data, data related services, and data support for global environmental change research and education.
› Research Integration
- Tropical Cyclone Information System Prototype tropical-cyclone database and web portal utilizing satellite observations, in situ measurements, and model outputs.
- EPA Atmospheric Sciences Modeling Division EPA Project to research and model future atmospheric change.
- EPA Climate Change: Greenhouse Gas Emissions EPA site on the science of emissions and greenhouse gases.
- USGCRP Atmospheric Composition Page US Global Climate Change Program page for atmospheric composition research.
- NOAA Earth System Research Laboratory Global Monitoring Division Information, graphs, and updates on the latest research into ozone depletion, air quality, and carbon levels in the atmosphere.
- National Climatic Data Center Reports on weather, climate events, atlases, and images of Earth’s climate in action.
- Ozone Hole Watch Daily status reports on the ozone layer over the South Pole.
- Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution Institute for the study of the effects of global climate change on the ocean and polar ice.
- USGCRP Global Water Cycle Page U.S. Global Climate Change Program page for global water cycle and ocean research.
› Health and Wildlife
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service: Climate Change News, climate change basics and related wildlife management issues.
- USGCRP Ecosystems Page U.S. Global Climate Change Program page for ecosystems research.
- EPA Health and Environmental Effects EPA portal to information on how climate change effects humans and animals.
- WHO Global Environment Change Site World Heath Organization information on how climate change affects human populations.
- Earth Sciences Decadal Survey Comprehensive, 500-page survey of climate change and policy, available for free online.
- United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change Publications and information about the UNFCCC, an international working group on climate change.
- Gateway to the U.N. System’s Work on Climate Change News, links, and information about the U.N.’s climate change policies and initiatives.
- Pew Center on Global Climate Change Comprehensive site featuring reports on climate change research, policy, and action.
Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change
U.N. initiative to provide objective information about climate change
› Synthesis report
› Working group I report “The Physical Science Basis”:
› Working Group II Report “Impacts, Adaptation and Vulnerability”:
› Working Group III Report “Mitigation of Climate Change”:
- EPA “What You Can Do” EPA’s guide to reducing your personal greenhouse gas emissions.
- U.S. Climate Change Technology Program Site for U.S. government initiatives to develop technology that fights climate change.