Published on February 15th, 2013 | by GBE FACTS0
Earthship Workshop with Michael Reynolds – Hollywood
February 15th, 2013 by GBE FACTS
“Sustainable Autonomy for Everyone – S.A.F.E.”
April 12, 13, 14, 2013 at Barnsdall Art Park, Hollywood, California
Michael Reynolds, Internationally Acclaimed Earthship Creator Leads Workshop
Michael Reynolds: 40 years of research and development of self-sufficient housing made from recycled materials. Creator of the Earthship concept.
Two-day multimedia hands-on Earthship Biotecture Workshop in Hollywood, California led by internationally renown Earthship creator, Michael Reynolds. Covering a wide-range of topics, both pragmatic and philosophical, the popular sessions have been presented throughout the world, most recently in Australia, Toronto and Philadelphia.
Saturday and Sunday will be lectures by Michael Reynolds covering all Earthship principles:
• Building with Natural and Recycled Materials
• Solar/Thermal Heating and Cooling
• Solar and Wind Electricity
• Water Harvesting
• Contained Sewage Treatment
• Interior Food Production
An Earthship is the epitome of sustainable design and construction. For the past 40 years, Earthships have been, and continue to be built throughout the world, constantly being improved upon, incorporating every aspect of sustainability. They have proven comfortable in any climate, any landscape, any size and still provide electricity, potable water, contained sewage treatment and sustainable food production.
Friday, April 12, 2013, evening movie screening
Saturday, April 13, 2013 10:00am-5:00pm (with scheduled lunch break)
Sunday, April 14, 2013, 10:00am-5:00pm (with scheduled lunch break)
Barnsdall Art Park, Hollywood, California 90027
RESERVATIONS: $200 per person fee includes the two-day workshop, movie screening and hands on tire pounding. Seating is limited; advance reservations are recommended.
Tickets are available at this URL
previous event feedback: Toronto Earthship Event (September, 2012)
- History of Earthships: discussion/presentation of how and why they evolved.
- Solar/Thermal dynamics: discussion/presentation of how the Earthships heat and cool themselves and how this is integrated with the structure and climate
- Custom Earthships: discussion/presentation on custom Earthships and how to design them
- Earthship Systems: discussion/presentation of specific details of the Earthship Systems. Independent power, water, sewage and food production
- Earthship Disaster Relief projects around the world discussion/presentation of how Earthships are evolved by these projects
- Types of Earthships: discussion/presentation of the various types of Earthships and how to get started on your own.
- Tire pounding hands-on session.