Published on May 27th, 2008 | by Low Impact Living0
Low Impact Living: Great New Resource for Green Rebates, Tax Incentives
May 27th, 2008 by Low Impact Living Editor’s note: This short post from our friends at Low Impact Living points you to a (literal) gold mine of information on incentives for greening your home. Check it out: that energy-efficient upgrade to your home may be even less expensive than you imagined. This post was originally published on Monday, May 19th, 2008.
We want to let you know about an excellent new resource available to you– GreenMadeSimple.com. This site has created a very comprehensive database of green rebates, tax incentives and free offers across the US.
Their zip-code guided search allows you to find incentives and deals related to energy-efficient appliances and lighting, solar power, hybrid and alt-fuel vehicles, and more. The database includes federal, state and local incentives. Just put in your zip code and prepare to go green and save money.
Here are some examples of the jewels you’ll find:
- The Los Angeles Department of Water and Power will give you $250 (!) back on the purchase of an Energy Star clothes washer.
- The State of Illinois will give buyers of hybrid cars a $1000 rebate.
- Austin Energy in Texas will give customers up to 20% of the cost of certain improvements (insulation, weatherization, appliance swaps) up to $1575. And they offer bonus incentives up to $650 for making multiple improvements.
GreenMadeSimple.com is an excellent tool that we will be using often here at Low Impact Living!
Read more about Green Personal Finance and Money:
- Raising a Non-Material Girl (or Boy) in a Material World
- 5 Ways to Green Your Taxes
- Low-Impact Living: Five Eco-Smart Ways to Spend Your Tax Rebate